Beginning Acrylic Painting – Paint Porterville with Susie Bishop
- Thursday’s at the Gallery 1-4pm
- $25 per class – all supplies included
- Call Susie 209-347-7270
Chinese Brush Painting and Calligraphy by Joy Harvey
- Where: Elster Building in Springville (Ahn Luh Arts and Moongate Studio)
- When: Thursdays 10-12
- Where: Arts Visalia in Visalia, CA.
- When: Thursday nights 6:30-8:30 pm
- Private drawing lessons by appointment.
Call Joy for information 559-539-6123
Card Making Classes by Ellen Jordan
- When: Last Friday of the month at 10 am
- Contact: Ellen Jordan by May 23 to reserve a space: 781-6452
Quilling with uncle Bill
Quilling is over 400 years old, paper filigree to adorn religious manuscripts and reliquaries, involving gilt-edged scraps from book trimmings. Presently, there is a resurgence interest in the art form due to the new quilled heart postage stamp. It is fun, rewarding, and easy to learn.
- Where: Work room at the PAA gallery
- When: Three sessions: Saturdays, July 9 , 16, 23 1-3 PM
- Cost: $60. for all three sessions. ( includes a beginner’s kit containing tools and materials,in a tool box.)
- Participants may wish to bring small scissors and anything they would like to decorate greeting card stock, small boxes or … However, everything needed to learn quilling will be provided.
- Contact Bill Warner at 782-9265 or pick up an information sheet at the Gallery
Kids Summer Art Classes by Merrily Davies
- DATES: June 27-July 1: Pre-K thru 2nd grade
July 11-15: 2nd grade thru 5thgrade
July 18-22: Teens and Tweens (5th plus)
- TIME: 10:00am-12:30pm
PLACE: Porterville Art Association Gallery, 151 N. Main Street in Porterville
PRICE: $70.00 for 5 lessons
CALL: Merrily Davies, 559-781-6296 for more information
Oil Painting Classes by Mary Bennett
- When: Sunday afternoon from 1pm to 4pm
- Cost: $25.00 a session.
- For enrollment and instructions for first class, call Mary at 784-4225.
ZENDOODLE CLASS by Quaker Floyd
- When: May 21st at 1p.m
- Where: Gallery classroom.
- Fee is $25 for members/$30 for nonmembers.
- Call Quaker at 535-4774 or 310-7568 if you have questions and to pre-register.
- It will offer new doodles for those who have taken the class before, but is perfect for those who have never taken the class. Come and join us and bring a friend!
FRIDAY NIGHT ART WALK CHILDREN’S MAKE AND TAKE
- Bring the kiddies out for a free hands on art experience, by making a new art project each month. Open to children of all ages while the adults enjoy browsing our Gallery. Hope to see your child there!
- NO ARTWALK IN JULY & AUGUST