Membership Show Rules:
A. No craft work shall be shown without the prior approval of the Board. Such work is to be approved according to the nature of the show.
B. No classroom and workshop paintings may be shown.
C. All artwork must be properly mounted, matted and framed.
D. Members shall not use unreasonable prices to avoid sale. If artist does not wish to sell the work, it must be marked NFS (Not for Sale) or SOLD.
E. Artwork must have been produced within the last three (3) years. The work must be original work by the artist. No copies from other paintings, magazines or photographs (except for the artist’s own photographs).
G. The Board may schedule exhibits & shows in varying formats throughout the year and may establish minimum & maximum framed dimensions for the displays.
H. These standing rules may be amended at any regular meeting of PAA by a majority vote of the members voting; a quorum must be present.
The usual procedures for hanging artwork shall be adhered to. These procedures are explained in the bylaws contained in the Membership Directory.
Artist may enter no more than 3 in each category.
Categories: watercolor/acrylics/pastel/mixed media/oil/drawing-pencil/sculpture/ceramics/photography
1st entry=$10.00, 2nd & 3rd entries $5.00 each per category. (For example: I’m entering three in watercolor and three in mixed media, so that will cost me $40.00. )
For the Winter Members Show we have a studio set aside for miniatures.
Artists can enter up to 10 at $2.00 each. They must not be any larger than 12 inches in any direction, including the frame. So the largest a framed miniature could be is 12X12″.
Catagories: Oils, acrylics, pastels, watercolor, fabric art, sculpture, graphics, photographs, mixed media, Chinese brush painting
- No craft work shall be shown without the prior approval of the board.
- All artwork must be properly mounted, matted and framed.
- Members shall not use unreasonable prices to avoid a sale. If the artist does not want to sell the piece it should be marked NFS (not for sale)
- Artwork must have been produced within the last 3 years for a Judged show and must be original work done by the artist. No classroom or workshop paintings, copies of other paintings, magazines, or photographs (except by the artist’s own photographs) are eligible for entry. These rules do not apply for regular shows unless otherwise stated.
- Members who sell their work through PAA sponsored shows and other events shall donate 20% of the sale price to PAA to help cover expences.
- The maximum size is 54 inches in length or width, including frame.
- All frame wires shall be approximately 1/3 the distance from the top of the frame so that the wire will not show above the top edge of the frame.
- All wires shall be well-secured and of good strength with ends wrapped or sleeved.
- No saw tooth hangers or eye-hooks will be allowed except in the case of miniatures.
- Improperly framed pieces will be rejected from the show.
- All decisions of the hanging committee are final.
Porterville City Hall Exhibit:
The Porterville City Hall will change exhibits. Art work changes three times a year. The next group will hang June through August. Call Ellen Jordan at 781-6452 to get on the list for up coming shows.